Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Gunsmith shipping ..

I was under the impression you do not need to burn a P2P if a gunsmith fixes your gun than ships it back repaired to your local FFL. But , the FFL I use seems to think I need to use a P2P. Which I do not have right now at this minute.

It isn't the end of the world - worse case scenario I have to take a nice drive to P.A in 2 weeks , which I never do mind doing, plus I have friends and family to visit , always.

is more for the sake of being impatient and wanting my fine tuned Colt Mark IV Combat Elite 1911 .45 with it's nice new smooth and shorter trigger and nicely redirected ejector port thingie ( away from my forehead , thanks) back home so I can put the new G10 slim grips on it and enjoy looking at the gun with no idiot mark on it ( which I did not put there in the first place) and so I can shoot it Tuesday ..

:)

It can ship to my house ?I thought only FFLs can ship firearms . I know someone posted a phone number for NICS where you can ask about stuff like this.

Only FFL can ship through the US Post Office. You can ship firearms through private carriers such as UPS or Fed Ex. As long as the serial numbered frame hasn't been replaced, the gun has already been transfered to you and you don't need an FFL or a new PTP. No different then sending a gun back to the manufacturer for repair.

IANAL, but you'll be fine as long as the serial numbers aren't changed, you've already taken possession after the transfer, you won't need to use another permit

And Mr surfboard can type faster than me..he's correct though, it's no problem