Hey Guys,

So I just moved out of my apt in Mt Olive into my in-laws for a bit in Denville. My wife and I just bought a house next door to our in-laws but can't move in till the end of July. I want to apply for a pistol permit to get a handgun for the new house. Is this something I can do while not being in the new house? Can I go to Denville PD and apply? Also any one have any experience with getting a permit in Denville?

Hey Guys,

So I just moved out of my apt in Mt Olive into my in-laws for a bit in Denville. My wife and I just bought a house next door to our in-laws but can't move in till the end of July. I want to apply for a pistol permit to get a handgun for the new house. Is this something I can do while not being in the new house? Can I go to Denville PD and apply? Also any one have any experience with getting a permit in Denville?

Yea, you can do it. Just use your inlaws address. When you move, then change it to that address. You do not have to wait until you move into your new home.

You have to also change your address on your FID to your in laws then change again when you move to your new house. No insight regarding Denville PD.

Which why it might benifit to wait to you are in your new home address.

Times for a change of address vary town to town, but I've heard of stories where it can take up to 4-6 months to change your address on FID ( worst case scenrio, probably...hopefully )

Which why it might benifit to wait to you are in your new home address.

Times for a change of address vary town to town, but I've heard of stories where it can take up to 4-6 months to change your address on FID ( worst case scenrio, probably...hopefully )

^^^^^^^^^^^

This

A change of address is the same process as applying for your FPID (minus the fingerprinting if you are moving within the same jurisdiction), so it would amke more sense to wait and get your DL and FPID to the new address at the same time.