Twospot

Can anyone talk me out of it?

Dont buy a G19 get a G23 and then buy the barrel for 9mm... you can have both calibers in one handgun.

My conversion barrel works very well. You can also get a .357 SIG barrel and an Advantage Arms conversion kit as well ... One gun, 4 calibers, and only the kinda beauty a Momma would love. In NJ a 19 is hands-down better than a 17 because you can get 15-round magazines for it. With the 17, you would be stuck with 10-round magazines. My only complaint with the Glock is that little safety thing inside the trigger... it rubs my index finger the wrong way, but I would never get rid of my compact Glock.

The only thing I might add is that you might be able to find a used Glock 23 GEN3 at a bargain price over the Glock 19 GEN4. I picked mine up, like new, for $375. You can always get a GEN4, later, if you decide you really like the Glock. And, if you decide to move on, you can probably get what you paid for it. I image a new GEN4 would be about $650 out the door... So, for $375 and another $125, you would have both calibers and roughly $150 in the bank.

Question.... you mentioned it was your last permit, so you must have other handgun(s)? How does the Glock fit in? Do you have a .22LR? Still you cannot go wrong with a Glock. Hands down, other guns are more fun to shoot (CZ 75B for instance), but a Glock is a staple. IF you don't have one, you have to justify why (kinda), and even then, you would need a good replacement.

I wanted the Gen 19 for its size and have no plans to change anything other than sights at this point because it will act as my HD gun. I have an SR22P for plinking and cheap shooting. a 9mm will make a big statement to someone. when it enters their body.

It's your money so if you want to throw it away on a Glock, feel free. Personally I think you'd do better throwing that money on the blackjack table in AC and seeing what happens. Maybe you'll have fun and loose it all. Maybe you'll come away with enough cash to buy a good gun.

But if you want to be unoriginal and buy a Block, feel free.

I wouldn't take a Glock if someone gave it to me and I needed to use a permit before it expired.

Make sure you jump on the other band wagons, get a serpa holster and 5-11 pants.

How was that for trying to talk you out of it?

Just get the 90 day extension for your permit. The house is more important. Besides you will be so busy with it that you will neit

her find the time , resources and energy to shoot at the range. Also try out other pistols ruger p95, sig sp2022, M&P andit will likely make you think for another90 days.

Heck you might be so busy with the house that you will totally forget about the permit nd let it expire.

It's your money so if you want to throw it away on a Glock, feel free. Personally I think you'd do better throwing that money on the blackjack table in AC and seeing what happens. Maybe you'll have fun and loose it all. Maybe you'll come away with enough cash to buy a good gun.

But if you want to be unoriginal and buy a Block, feel free.

I wouldn't take a Glock if someone gave it to me and I needed to use a permit before it expired.

Make sure you jump on the other band wagons, get a serpa holster and 5-11 pants.

I love Serpas and 5-11 pants but hate my glock. Is that ok...lol

How was that for trying to talk you out of it?