Twospot

Can anyone talk me out of it?

I have wanted to buy a Glock 19 Gen 4 for a while. I have researched and researched like crazy. I read up on all the problems it had for a while. Seems like that is all squared away. I shot a Glock 17 Gen 4 at SS this weekend and both the wife and I LOVED it. I prefer a smaller form factor so I checked out the G19 in the case while I was there and I am in love with it. Can anyone talk me out of it? We are on the verge of buying a house. I have one permit left that will expire in August. When I move I'll have to go through the change of address process and any spare money will go into the house. I'm thinking now is the time...

Get it. I contemplated getting a firearm just before buying my last house and didn't....it took 16 years before I found the time,finances and wherewithal to finally do it.

Dont do it. Were closing in 6 weeks and havent bought a gun since November! I finished my AR lower, but its sitting there collecting dust :(

Just make sure you get in the house, so many expenses to get in. Once you are in, stick a $100 a month or a paycheck under your pillow lol

EDIT: I guess it depends on your finances. If your finances are fine even with the home purchase, then why not?

Let me preface this with saying that I would buy anything that was shiny and had a Beretta logo on it.

The PX4 Compact has the same form factor as the G19, takes 15 round mags, recoils like a cream puff and has curves that give Sofía Vergara a run for her money.

And if you insist on a striker-fired gun, the Smith & Wesson M&P9 Compact is everything the Glock was supposed to be from the start, and actually fits a human hand.

I would not buy a Glock when there are better options that are out there. But that does not mean I wouldn't encourage someone else to do so.

If you LOVE it, buy it. Life is too short to shoot guns that somebody else thinks you should have. The fact of the matter is that you can't go wrong buying a G19. You will always be able to get magazines and parts for it. You will be able to buy .22 LR conversion kits for it and shoot it for cheap. It will go bang every time that you pull the trigger. There is a reason why the G19 is so popular. You won't regret your purchase.

I have wanted to buy a Glock 19 Gen 4 for a while. I have researched and researched like crazy. I read up on all the problems it had for a while. Seems like that is all squared away. I shot a Glock 17 Gen 4 at SS this weekend and both the wife and I LOVED it. I prefer a smaller form factor so I checked out the G19 in the case while I was there and I am in love with it. Can anyone talk me out of it? We are on the verge of buying a house. I have one permit left that will expire in August. When I move I'll have to go through the change of address process and any spare money will go into the house. I'm thinking now is the time...

Can you afford it without missing a mortgage payment or without taking food out of the kids mouth or..................................... If so, no reason not not to go for it.

IMO there are other plastic fantastics that are nicer than Glocks.

But none will EVER be considered as reliable as the Glock. Sorry, they're the industry standard to which all other "plastic fantastics" are rated against.

I bought one a couple months ago and have been extremely happy with it. No reason to talk you out of it - especially if you love the feel and look.

can you please write smaller. It's easier to read that way

Dont buy a G19 get a G23 and then buy the barrel for 9mm... you can have both calibers in one handgun.

No, that is a bad idea. Stick with a 19 and forget the 23.

Will not function 100% without changing ejectors and extractors. OK for practice but not ok for anything serious. Just buy what you want to shoot and shoot what you buy.

Also, 9mm is cheaper to shoot. And 40 S&W has more recoil.