Sign in to follow this  
Jp10127

noob to ambi safety on 1911

I just recently purchase a Sig scorpion 1911 carry model and right in the manual it states to strip the gun and clean and repubs before use due to a packing lube they use on the pistol before sending them out. While this being my first 1911 I am not New to disassembly but have never had to mess with an ambi safety before. I did the normal look up on you tube to find disassembly videos and started to break it all down. I can't get this freakin safety to budge! Neither side wants to come off at all! Hammer is cocked, I tried to put the lever inbetween safe and fire, yea nothing. I got mad the first time so I squirted a little lube in to everything and took a trip to the range for its first 150 rds. The weapon ran great but I still want to get the guts out and clean them up and throw a little frog lube on everything. Any recommendations or tips to get this freakin ambi safety off without destroying the cerakote finish!