woodentoe

Any reason NOT to pick up a rack grade M1 from CMP?

If you look at the CMP catalogue it says NJ buyers need to ship to a dealer. Anyone have any experience with this? What Dealer would you reccomend for this in the central jersey region?

seriously? do we really have to get raped because we live in NJ? it doesn't mention anything about that on their website, and the article on the CMP in my milsurp magazine mentions not having to go through a FFL dealer and doesn't mention any retarded NJ exclusions. Seriously depressing.

I am heading out when they release the IHC's. I just happen to come across another M1c mount and when those are worth more than a Rack M1c I am gonna get it just for the receiver with the CMP paperwork. Anything better than a usable receiver is a bonus.

Whats the story with the IHC's? I couldn't find anything on the internet. I always wanted a IH Scout and M1.

seriously? do we really have to get raped because we live in NJ? it doesn't mention anything about that on their website, and the article on the CMP in my milsurp magazine mentions not having to go through a FFL dealer and doesn't mention any retarded NJ exclusions. Seriously depressing.

The CMP and its predecessors shipped rifles to NJ for over 100 years and under the current NJ laws for about 40 years. The NJ AG, who figured she could interpret the law better than the past 40 years of AGs, decided this was illegal in NJ as this wasn't a face to face transaction a few years ago. Last I looked, interpreting the law was a function of the Judicial Branch but what do I know other than the US and NJ Constitution as they were written. This was in spite of the fact that the qualifications to buy from CMP are higher than buying a long gun in NJ. This isn't even legislating from a bench but by fiat. Judges in NJ never saw an issue with CMP sales.

However, it probably was done to save the children. After all they are military rifles not covered by the NJAWB. They even have ....oh no...bayonet studs! After all with the high number of High Power and Service Rifle competitors using them for robberies and their favor among drug gangs and use for drive by shootings...something had to be done.

Drive by bayonetings followed by a vertical butt stroke have also been on the rise and with a solid hardwood stock that butt stroke really hurts!

Seriously now, some FFLs will give you a discount on their transfer fee for a CMP gun. Some have already provided a copyof their FFL to CMP (ask the FFL you intend to use or call CMP for a list) or send a copy of the dealer's FFL with the order and use the dealers address as a shipping address.

All of this does not apply if you go to the North Store but you will need your NJFID.