Sign in to follow this  
Melgamatic

Reading gun show

Has anyone been to the Eagle Arms show in Reading, at the Reading Expo Center?

I was thinking about taking a drive tomorrow, until I saw a picture on the Eagle Arms website which makes it look like it might be one of those super-crowded narrow aisle shows.

Anyone have any info?

I drove out for the show. Took just less than 2 hours from Union County.

This is actually a pretty good show. Large expo facility (looks like it used to be a corporate building or something), with tons of free parking and very wide aisles. Lots of people selling reasonably-priced stuff, some old, lots of new, a few non-gun vendors but not too many.

I almost bought some ammo, but a quick websearch showed that it was slightly more than what I had been paying online.

Almost bought a 1950's Marlin 336 in 32 special, but declined at the last minute because I didn't feel like adding another caliber to what I'm already loading. Although very old, it was clearly fired very infrequently, and the bore was like a mirror.

Ended up buying 280 rounds of 1973 LakeCity 30-06 in M1 en-bloc clips in the original ammo box, a zombie t-shirt for my son and an instant neck heating pad for my wife.

I would go again, it was one of the better shows within easy driving distance.

I got better ammo deals at Cabelas as I don't reload. Cabelas is hosting NRA weekend.

One question what are the laws to purchase a pistol or rifle at a gun show? Do you still require to go through a FFL? Has anyone purchased a gun / rifle from a PA gun show?

I got better ammo deals at Cabelas as I don't reload. Cabelas is hosting NRA weekend.

One question what are the laws to purchase a pistol or rifle at a gun show? Do you still require to go through a FFL? Has anyone purchased a gun / rifle from a PA gun show?

You cannot buy pistols in PA directly, they must be shipped to a NJ FFL. You can buy long guns in PA, but only from an FFL. If you find a private seller at a PA show with a long gun, find a dealer at the show who will do the transfer - going rate over there is about $25 with NICS.