Smokin .50

BSA Sight Needs Repair

My Son bought a BSA sight for his Beretta Neos. A really nice optic, for what it is. Trouble is after a couple bricks of ammo, he looks at the glass and it appears as if the cement holding the glass in place has "let go". Any thoughts about this, and does anybody else have one and had the same problem?

He's in Iowa, and just found the store receipt from Bass Pro, where he bought everything. He can't seem to locate the paper that came with the sight, so does anybody here have contact infor for BSA repairs?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Ummm.... it's BSA. What did he expect?

That's like buying a $5 Chinese knife and expecting it to field dress 10,000 deer.

My kid is working his FIRST job, 1100 mi. from home. He's only 23. He bought a Neos for less than $250 and bought the nicest $99 dot sight he could afford........

SO DO YOU REALLY WORK AT BEING AN A-HOLE, or does it just come "naturally"?? The condecending attitude isn't necessary, is it??

Sorry Dave. Should have asked for advice on something cheap but ok first.

There's nothing wrong buying a $5 knife because that's what you can afford. Paying $5 for a $0.75 knife is something you should avoid if $5 is all you can afford.

Dollar for dollar you can't do much worse than BSA. It'll look nicer than a nc star or leapers, but I honestly think they might be worse.

I own a few cheap optics, the couple of BSA ones both just fell apart with normal use.

Sorry Dave. Should have asked for advice on something cheap but ok first.

There's nothing wrong buying a $5 knife because that's what you can afford. Paying $5 for a $0.75 knife is something you should avoid if $5 is all you can afford.

Dollar for dollar you can't do much worse than BSA. It'll look nicer than a nc star or leapers, but I honestly think they might be worse.

I own a few cheap optics, the couple of BSA ones both just fell apart with normal use.

Matt,

I didn't get a chance to ask anyone's advice--the Kid just ran out and bought it all by himself, 1100 miles from me.

Can you give me a link to something that won't fall apart (possible XMAS gift), since I don't even own a dot sight, except for the ACOG on the AR that Bill GAVE me....

I appreciate the help!

Dave

Matt,

I didn't get a chance to ask anyone's advice--the Kid just ran out and bought it all by himself, 1100 miles from me.

Can you give me a link to something that won't fall apart (possible XMAS gift), since I don't even own a dot sight, except for the ACOG on the AR that Bill GAVE me....

I appreciate the help!

Dave

Sure, which particular BSA optic crapped out?

Sure, which particular BSA optic crapped out?

I don't remember the exact model, but it was designed for .22's, had a switch to change the dot to a circle (nice for KD steel) and a few more things. Dot was RED and you couldn't change the color. Intensity was adjustable with 7 settings plus OFF! Andy paid $99 for it, and it came ready to mount on the top rail of the Beretta Neos.

I checked the BSA web site and it's under warranty for a full year. But what worries me is that it broke from "normal" use in the first place! So if you could recommend a similar sight by a different manufacturer, I could surprise him for Christmas. IF he finds the paper work, I'll ask him the exact model number, but I'm thinking you know what I'm looking for. That changable dot is really cool, so I'm hoping other brands have that feature.......

And thanks for the help in advance!

Dave

Dave, for cheap red dots, it's hard to beat Primary Arms. I as well as many others here have had good luck with them. I have one on my .22 AR that has been pretty much perfect. Only complaint from me is the battery life. I guess I'm a little spoiled by my Aimpoint.

Looks like most models will be back in stock around Christmas time.

https://www.primarya..._Arms_s/586.htm

My kid is working his FIRST job, 1100 mi. from home. He's only 23. He bought a Neos for less than $250 and bought the nicest $99 dot sight he could afford........

SO DO YOU REALLY WORK AT BEING AN A-HOLE, or does it just come "naturally"?? The condecending attitude isn't necessary, is it??

It comes naturally. Probably from my mom's side.

Seriously though... BSA makes notoriously crappy products. For $99 there are much better choices. Hell, for another $40 I picked up a few Vortex Strikefires a few months ago.