dtown223

Buyer must be present for NICS?

Yes. NICS is run only after the purchaser fills out and signs the Form 4473. Acquisition may take place within 30 days thereafter. HOWEVER, if you are attempting to gain a day because of OGAM, NICS will deny you. I think we need more info to accurately give direction. At least I do.

ETA: After rereading the post, it looks like you want the NICS to be run with just your info. Then, NO is the answer. The Federal Form 4473 must be filled out and signed prior to the check.

Yes. NICS is run only after the purchaser fills out and signs the Form 4473. Acquisition may take place within 30 days thereafter. HOWEVER, if you are attempting to gain a day because of OGAM, NICS will deny you. I think we need more info to accurately give direction. At least I do.

ETA: After rereading the post, it looks like you want the NICS to be run with just your info. Then, NO is the answer. The Federal Form 4473 must be filled out and signed prior to the check.

Actually was trying to finagle a way to pickup my 686 from you on a Sunday!

Guess I'll be seeing you whilst NICS is operating!