RHS

Shore Shot

If you guys do a little research one of the big blow ups on the forums, started by ME, was that they don't do that anymore. They don't give a damn about membership, they MAKE MORE MONEY FROM WALK ONS. The ONLY thing you get from a membership is they don't charge you a range fee and slight discount on ammo, which was still $5+ per box more than I paid elsewhere.

So ya, they do NOT prioritize members before walk-ons, and they will no longer hold handguns for members who are waiting for their permits more than a couple of weeks. They changed all of this quietly with no notice to SS members. That's why people got pissed off.

Can you point me to the thread/post about the change in the priority policy? I can't find it

I do remember things getting heated on here when they silently disappeared from the forum and dropped their NJGF walk-on discount.

Re the handgun storage they told me (around 2009) they weren't holding them without a PTP or offering storage service anymore for members because of pressure from the NJSP

shore shot has been great to me. i will continue going

I've been going now for several years,buy my guns online,transfer through Ira at Legend,shoot only on weekday afternoons but not often enough to warrant a membership,love the company and direction of Phil the RO,sometimes shoot well past the hour if no one is waiting and have yet to witness any negligent or dangerous behavior.

Perhaps because I've only experienced SS on mid week afternoons when at times I'm the only one shooting and have the luxury to shoot leisurely,bs with the ROs and customers,even allowing some newer shooters have a go at my guns and the painfully little experience I have,I feel comfortable and still make it a point to purchase my cleaning supplies,accessories and targets there to perhaps pay them back for all the times I availed of their NJFG discount.

I like Shore Shot during quiet hours as well. And I like all the RSOs. The only RO that I didn't care for no longer works there

I only bumped this thread to find some background info on when the priority policy changed, I haven't yet found it in my searches but when I do I will link to it here.

Just go in and talk to Kyle or Phil and I think they'll be informative enough. Look, SS has it's issues as has just about every growing business and I understand the lingering resentment, but for the lack of accommodating ranges in our fine state we're reduced to the ones we currently have... some good.. some not so... deal with it as best we can and move on.......or not.

At Heritage Guild in Easton members get the next port after they arrive ahead of walk-ons. Went there Saturday at noon with a member and did not have to wait more than 15 minutes for the next available port.