Forddsl96

Multiple Sale "Collector"

Has anyone ever applied for multiple sale exemption as a “collector” ? I took the extra time to fill out all the extra paper work that goes along with standard forms had my FFL fill in all his parts and went to the PD to turn it in. Im not too sure if the detective never saw the paperwork before or he was just trying to intimidate me by not saying much and giving me the evil eye..

Has anyone ever applied for multiple sale exemption as a “collector” ? I took the extra time to fill out all the extra paper work that goes along with standard forms had my FFL fill in all his parts and went to the PD to turn it in. Im not too sure if the detective never saw the paperwork before or he was just trying to intimidate me by not saying much and giving me the evil eye..

Yes, and never had a problem getting them approved.

Yes. I use collector and that I'm a member of a shooting club. My municipality requires me to send the form right to NJSP and I've gotten the exemptions approved pretty fast. NJSP sends the approved forms over to my pd, then my pd calls me to pick up the permits and the exemption paperwork

I turned them all in to the Local PD... Didn't have any idea that they needed to be sent to Trenton.... Hmmm... Wonder If I will be held up...

Good news is my references got there papers yesterday..

It depends on you town as to where to submit the exemption form, some will send it in for you, others will not.

What qualifies one for multiple purchase as collector?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

When you order more than 1 pistol and they all come in I guess. I had no idea they would process the exemption like they did for Forddsl96 like they did. I guess if you read the rules and fill out the proper paperwork it will be approved. I am good friends with the OP and I know he did it with low expectations.

I am sure he will add to this.

Ken

It is a very easy process. Getting the purchase permits is tougher. My local PD had never seen the forms before. I gave them the SP-015 and SP-016 filled-out, plus a Letter To The Chief which explained what these forms were. Not sure where that letter came-from, it was either on the NJSP website, or I found it on this website somewhere. Just be patient with your local PD if they don't know what you are talking about.

For everyone that has successfully gone through the process, what did you put in the section (REASON FOR EXEMPTION REQUEST (MUST be Completed))? Did you put detailed information? I am currently filling one out an wonder what is considered a valid reason.

For everyone that has successfully gone through the process, what did you put in the section (REASON FOR EXEMPTION REQUEST (MUST be Completed))? Did you put detailed information? I am currently filling one out an wonder what is considered a valid reason.

"purchase of collectible firearms with limited availability"

Less is more.