Aristoi

Fresh Permits, first handguns advice for a newbie

Good decision on the M&P9 Pro. Great gun. You may want to consider an M&P22 to go along with it. I have one and it's almost identical to my M&P40 (except lighter). If you haven't done so already, you should try a 1911 to cover the 45 cal category.

Lastly, if you're considering shooting USPSA, a .40 cal pistol is the most common in the limited/L10 divisions.

Aristoi I was excatly in your postion a few years ago with the same options of handguns...I'm also a big guy with big hands. After trying many handguns I ended up with the XDM 45 acp for HD and the CZ 75 Sp-01 .....In MHO the CZ fits like a glove in my hand, it seemed like they made it specifically for me, lol. It was and still is a dream to shoot, EXTREMELY accurate, ggood weight, for me, and almost has a 1911 feel to it but in a more modern design. Anyone who has held and fired a CZ Sp-01 will understand what I am saying. Not knocking any other brand of gun or anything...but the XDM and CZ was the way to go for me......In appox. 2000 rounds threw the CZ it hasn't jammed or FTF once..the XDM is also a great gun, also accurate, great design and was surprised that for a 45acp did not have as much recoil as I thought it would have...just my 2cents.....next handgun to my small collection WILL be a 1911.

About 45 days since the M&P9 Pro purchase, just wondering if you have bought the second yet. The Sig 226 as well as the 229 get great reviews excepting from those who aren't fans of DA/SA. The Sigs are hard to find right now but I have spotted a 229 Elite and standard. I'd like to hear more...