Hawkin

Really? 5 years!

This article was in the headlines for a very brief time.

This guy is getting only getting 5 years and eligibile for parole after 3 years for trafficking guns and selling drugs.

If they really want to keep criminals from obtaining and selling guns a good place to start( I know it will not stop all) is stop letting them out of prision. From my understanding, I could get more time for having my handgun in my backseat after the range and stop at Friday's for lunch. In my opinion the crime is the amount of time these criminals are getting sentenced.What do they think this guy will do for work when he gets out, work at Walmart?

If i have misunderstood the article please comment to let me know.

http://www.nj.com/un...ilty_to_gu.html

Based on the article it seems you have it correct.

I'm sure they have also eliminated his right to own firearms legally as well and I'm sure that will have a serious impact on his business when he's released. (sarcasm)

The revolving door has to stop.

Recall Brian Aitken who had no ulterior motives received 7 years. This guy (shitbag above) is going to do his time to use a Colandro Euphemism "Standing on his head".

I might need to write a letter to the govenor about this bullshyt.

Guys, bring this to attention. Blow up the NJ.com comments section or something. I'm writing an email to the governor's office, and I'm comparing Brian Aitken's case to this guy's. 5 years vs 7 years... wow. I hope one of the people over in the big guy's office will read my email.

We could use any opportunity we have to expose this state's backwards laws and legal system.

#! Federal Charges Vs State Charges. The Feds have guidelines as to sentencing. ALL he was Convicted of was the straw purchasing. "Out in 3" is BS, federal law states you have to do a minimum of 85% of your sentence time before being allowed parole. he was senntenced to 57 months, he wont see the outside for 48 1.2 months.

Street violence committed with illegal guns should b the focus of this ban. Stop the gun trafficking and get illegal guns of the street and you will have made a real accomplishment in gun control. But that's just not going to happen! It will take too much effort.

Not a surprise this states judicial system is crap. Criminals know this and realize that they will never get the maximum for their crimes.

you DO realize they are talking about a Straw purchaser out of Az, who was facing FEDERAl charges right?? NJ's judicial system has nothing to do with it. Try reading more than the title of the thread

you DO realize they are talking about a Straw purchaser out of Az, who was facing FEDERAl charges right?? NJ's judicial system has nothing to do with it. Try reading more than the title of the thread

?? I am lost, i read the article originally then reread it. nj.com, linden township, union county.... I don't see AZ mentioned anywhere in the article...

ETA he sold the weapons to NJSP.