Luso

Clarification on NJ resident working in NY

Live in Bergen County. Work in Westchester County

Now, from what I understand you can not even possess a handgun in Westchester county without first applying for their permit.

What are the laws with 1. a non-resident achieving the ability to transport a handgun legally into westchester county to a place of business (I run the office, so employer permission is irrelevant) and 2. perhaps achieving a right to carry in NY/Westchester as an out of state resident.

From what I read, they don't even give them out to instate residents. My office is in what can be at certain times a questionable area and I would feel better if I could legally carry on the job. Then I suppose I would have to lock it up every day to transport back home (it goes without saying, to also take the Tappan Zee and never go through the Bronx/GWB)

Any insight on this from north Jersey folks?

Westchester County - Apply in person at: Westchester County Clerk – 111 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Room 340-A, White Plains, NY 10601. Call (914) 995-3088, or email them first and tell them you are a non-resident:

[email protected]

website

http://www.westchest...id=55&Itemid=47

And read NY Penal Law 400