Sign in to follow this  
chris327

firearms at place of business

So I know we have gone over the laws on carrying a pistol at a business. And one must be the owner of the business. My boss wants me to have something for protection where I work. I explained that I don't believe I can carry a pistol. He know asks if we can keep one in the office along with a shotgun or rifle in the office. He would be providing them. And the business is an llc so everything is under the llc not an individual. Also the owners/bosses are never there as I manage and run all operations at the business.

The next question is about jewellers and carrying, if a person works for one can they get a permit to carry, any similar situation? I handle large amounts of cash as a jeweler would if not more.

All being said we are just trying to figure out a legal way for me to protect myself at work.

I have seen many diamond carriers and jewelers get carry permits. The judge will ask for deposit slips showing cash deposits [for very large amounts] save copies!

IANAL, but I think it could be construed as a illegal transfer, if he buys them personally (which is most likely, since buying them under the LLC my be problematic). It would probably be legal for you bring you own long gun, but having it loaded is a gray area.

were going to contact our lawyer about it and see what they say. I think the long gun thing may be ok. If the owner leaves the long gun here then what will the problem be it is his property a long gun is left on, nobody is carrying anything.

You might want to contact a lawyer who actually KNOWS gun laws and knows how those laws work practically. I guess there very few of them in NJ.

Or at least get that advise in writing.

[ Don't ask me how I've learned not to deal with lawyers who do everything and take any cases coming their way ]

I have no idea if this would meet legal requirements, but I wonder if being a part owner in the business would be sufficient for firearms carry on site for legal purposes. Probably not. Then again, a husband and wife might each have partial ownership of house and property aka "land owned or controlled by him", such that carry at home or family land is legal. Or rather, no jury even in this f^cked up state would convict for.