cutterOne

Question regarding fingerprints for P2P

Guys,

Got my FID back in June/July. At the time I did the morphotrak fingerprinting in order to get it. Now I'm applying for my P2P, do I need to get fingerprinted again? I was under the impression that if you've been fingerprinted within a certain amount of time you don't need to do it again. Since it's only been a couple of months do I have to do it, and pay for it, again?

Thanks

In my town, I make an appointment with the firearms detective, and bring in completed forms STS 033 and SP 66. Include your two references on STS 033 and include $2 cash for each P2P. Wait a couple weeks for him to call to pick them up. Here's links to the forms below. Good luck.. (no fingerprinting needed since you already have an FID)

http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sts-033.pdf

http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sp-066.pdf

In the majority of cases, regarding fingerprinting, liquidskin is correct. However, be aware, it is really at the CLEO's discretion. He can require it and we continually hear stories of PD's requiring new prints at set intervals (2 years, 5 years, etc), for which there is no statutory requirement.

Likewise the SP-212A is an option that most PD's avail themselves of since they are taked, statutorily, to do a thorough background check.

Adios,

Pizza Bob