Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Printed AR-15 Magazine data now free for all

It takes about 5 hours to produce. Probably 2 hours to dissolve the support material.

------------

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/01/printed-ar-15-magazine-data-now-free.html

AR-15_Magazine.jpg

Defense Distributed has created a website that is the "island of misfit (firearms) objects" that others have censored from the web. Chief among these are the data to print a complete, functional AR15 magazine, including the spring.

The current data is limited to a five round design, but it appears that it could easily be altered to a 10, 20, or 30 round design, especially if the maker is willing to add cheap and reliable steel springs.

The necessary springs can be hand made from wire, if desired.

Defcad AR-15 Magazine Link

Dean Weingarten

Posted by Dean Weingarten at 1/09/2013 02:35:00 PM

Just texted my buddy he has a 3d printer gunna see if he will make a 10 rounder dor me. If he does ill poat pics here

The STL available is only a 5 rounder. It would import into solidworks as a mesh so stretching it out to 10 rounds would require some rework. While the Catalyst EX software I use to print with allows you to scale an object, you can't just stretch it in one dimension.

Realistically I don't see how hard it is to cad up a 15 rounder. The most difficult bit would be the spring.

I would love to take their files and print up some magazines when I get back to school, but I imagine my school would frown upon that. I don't even own an AR.