Sign in to follow this  
Night Prowler

A few questions

I have an existing FID card. Back in December I went to the local cop shop to apply for a new batch of p2p. My town has always been great about all application types. Great turn around time and no bs forms. I asked for my application and the chief informed me I'm screwed. They just had their rights to issue any type of firearm requests put on hold from the state. They were waiting on details from the state what they had to do. The official story is that somebody in North Jersey had applied for a pistol permit and was denied. He then sued on the grounds that it was a part time police department and they had no right to reject his application. Because of this the state put a stop to all part time police departments issuing anything involved with firearms. My town has been doing this for 40 years. Has anybody run into this yet? The other funny part of this is the effective date December 14th. Is this just another way of the state slowing things down? So now I had to apply to the State Police. Before any of these current events happened they were horrifically slow (4months) So now I am worried about how long it's going to be now. I'm a month in now and nowhere close to the end. No reference letters yet and when I called to check up on things they had no information for me. Any ideas on how to speed things up?

Welcome to my world. Our P/T PD did the same thing back in the summer, said NJSP requested it. Now have to go to NJSP barracks to apply. Before the frenzy the waiting period was 4-6 months, asked why so long, said answer is Trenton is taking that long. There are not holding anything up. But, full time local PDs are issuing in the 1-3 month range. Strange, thats all I'm saying.

Before used to get P2P in 2-3 weeks.