jm1827

Time to contact bill sponsors

HI Everyone,

I started reaching out to each of the sponsors of the recent NJ anti-gun bills and thought I would share a consolidated list of contact information.

I have been e-mailing and will start faxing and calling each sponsor next week letting them know that as a NJ resident I don't support the bills and will not vote or suppodt any member of the NJ legislature that votes in support of these bills.

Here is a repost of the bills with the contact info for each sponsor, figured since I already did the leg-work I might as well share.

If anyone wants a copy of the letter I drafted let me know and I can post that as well.

• Assembly Bill 3664 sponsored by Representatives Joseph Cryan (D-20), Jason O’Donnell (D-31), and Mila Jasey (D-27) reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.

• Assembly Bill 3676 sponsored by Representative Angelica Jimenez (D-32) requires a psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm.

• Assembly Bill 3688 sponsored by Representatives Charles Mainor (D-31) and Angelica Jimenez (D-32) requires a mental health evaluation and list of household members with mental illness before one may purchase firearm.

• Senate Bill 2464 sponsored by Senator Shirley Turner (D-15) regulates the sale and transfer of rifle and shotgun ammunition.

• Assembly Bill 3659 sponsored by Representative Peter Barnes (D-18) Revises the definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater.

• Assembly Bill 3666 sponsored by Representatives Joseph Cryan (D-20), Jason O’Donnell (D-31), and Mila Jasey (D-27), along with its companion, Senate Bill 2465, prohibits mail order, internet, telephone, and any other “anonymous method” of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey.

Joseph Cryan

Email Address- [email protected]

p (908) 624-0880

f (908) 624-0587

Angelica Jiminez

Phone- (201) 223-4247

Fax- None

Charles Mainor

p (201) 536-7851

f (201) 536-7854

Shirley Turner

Phone- 609-530-3277

Fax- 609-530-3292

Peter Barnes

p (732) 548-1406

f (732) 548-1623

Jason O’Donnell

p (201) 436-0961

f (201) 436-0964

Mila Jasey

p (973) 762-1886

f (973) 762-6118

Here is the basic wording I used for most of the letters, I added more for the .50 cal ban noting that statistics show large calibers are not a gun violence issue , in the subject of the email I put - As a NJ Voter I do not support your legislation

Dear Assemblyman/senator,

I am writing to let you know that as a law abiding NJ resident that I do not support your legislation that [copy and paste specific legislature wording here]

As a recreational shooter I believe New Jersey already has laws that are more than adequate. As a matter of fact, these existing laws already make it quite difficult to exercise our second amendment rights as citizens of the United States.

Please also note that I will not vote for or support any state legislator that supports these laws. The facts show that these laws will not have any measurable impact on gun violence but will only further restrict law abiding gun owners.

Sincerely,

Joe