O-gre

Mag limit question

Ive had the same question for years and the answer is always the same... Opinions..and no definitive answer..I assume mostly because how the law is written its left to interpretation ...yours..mine..the prosecutor ...all of which may be different

Ron, all we have is this letter http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/spletter.pdf which states that we can be prosecuted for possessing a "temporarily blocked" magazine, and that it has to be "permanently blocked". Each vendor/dealer/individual has their own concept of what is temporary, and what is permanent. For me personally, the blocking mechanism has to be attached in a way that it could not be dropped or pulled out easily, as in requiring machining/cutting/restructuring to undo.

Ron, all we have is this letter http://c.ymcdn.com/s...gr/spletter.pdf which states that we can be prosecuted for possessing a "temporarily blocked" magazine, and that it has to be "permanently blocked". Each vendor/dealer/individual has their own concept of what is temporary, and what is permanent. For me personally, the blocking mechanism has to be attached in a way that it could not be dropped or pulled out easily, as in requiring machining/cutting/restructuring to undo.

I'm in agreement here. I wonder if S&W will make permanent 10 round mags for the M&P series including my .22 handgun. It would suck to have to sell it.

My thought is I can just as easily break a weld as I can remove a pin. I take it pinned mags are considered perm? If that's the case isn't the welded floor plate redundant? I ask because I have bought both and logic dictates that the pinned mags "should" be enough.