zoid

Glock 34 "stalling slide" issue

I have a Gen 4 G34. I am having had of it failing to feed. It seems to actually be sensitive

to having too little lubrication. Now I know the normal response is "well any gun is". That's not

entirely true as my Sig 228, my G26, and even 1911 function pretty reliably even when they have not

been lubricated in a while.

I think it's something specific to my 34 as I noticed if you ride the slide slowly there is this spot where

it stalls right before it goes fully into battery. My 26 doesn't do this and no other Glock I have handled

experienced this.

Basically when shooting the "stall" kinda hangs up the next round from feeding properly. I've had about

8 or so FTFeeds in the last 150 or so rounds. The issue was more pronounced in warm weather.

When it is lubricated it operates very smooth, but the issue seems to creep back only after a couple

hundred rounds. I may make a video to demonstrate what is going on, but if you guys have any ideas

let me know. Thanks.

I've shot Blazer Aluminum case which ran fine, Winchester Ranger 147gr, and Freedom Munitions 115gr. I believe all the stalls have been with the Freedom Munitions

only cause that's all I have right now for factory ammo. I don't think it's the ammo cause the stuff actually feels like it is on the hotter side

which Glocks tend to like. It also goes through all my other pistols very well. In any case I'd be very shocked to find a Glock that did not

like a particular factory, round nosed ammo.

Round count on your recoil spring, ever been replaced? I'm only guessing or suggesting and trying to help, limp-wristing will also cause a lot of problems. There is a test to see if your recoil spring on the Glock is good or not.

I don't think the gun has seen more than 500 rounds.

With the gun clear rack the slide...pull the trigger while pointing the gun towards the sky...keeping the gun pointed vertically...pull the slide to the rear and ride it slowly forward...if it hangs up u need a new guide rod assembly

I will give this a try. Thanks.