70gto

NEW Glock 30 owners please read.

Yesterday I went to gun shop to pay for a new gen 4 glock 30. BTW this is my favorite gun of all time, so it pains me to say this, and is in no reflection of glock quality control, because that is all I own.

So. I was there with my brother and we are both glock armorers. I rack the slide of a nib glock 30 and it feels like its hanging up toward the end, strange I hand it off to my brother and the counter guy. Its not racking properly. . Ok maybe small defect, so we proceed to go thru the other 6 the store just recieved, all the same. I take out my gen 3 to compare, no problems smooth as pie. we open them all up for quick visiual inspection, all appears in order, but it wont rack right. I turn to counter guy and say you have a problem here.

He agrees and proceeds to call his other store, who state we just sold 9 yeterday and they have one left, they confirm same issue with their unsold one. Crap, they say we gotta call all the people they sold too and get them back. They call Glock while i'm statnding there and Glock says its gotta be the spring, so we will send out new springs right away. My gut tells me this is not it. It feels like something is out of line, pure speculation only here , but it almost feels like the injection moulding machine etc got out of line slightly during production.

They confirmed Glock ramped up production to try and accomodate 100000 guns a week/a month not sure, something was bound to happen.

I mess with their other Glock pistols and all appears to be in order, in fact I purchased a 26 while I was there. It seems isolated to the new 30's that they recieved ,7 confirmed , 9 waiting for return.

AGAIN IM NOT BASHING GLOCK, that is all I own and will continue to buy, but please do yourself a favor and check out any new 30's you see in there store.

BTW I looked at the new 30s and was not impressed, it seems unfinished for what they wanted to do.