Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

EFGA - IDPA 3/24

This Sunday is EFGA's first IDPA shoot of the year. This is a walk-on shoot - no pre-registration necessary. They usually run 6 - 8 stages. Bring 150 rounds to be safe.

Hope to see you there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

ADDENDUM: Just found out that this is a special match and they are saying round count is 216 - truly amazing for an IDPA match. So this is a minimum of 12 stages. This one may kill me, but what a way to go.

Easton info here...

http://www.nepaidpascores.net/efga/efga_club_master.html

Hi,

I am a new poster (but old userid in NJGF) and a new member to EFGA. My son and i were hoping to go to the range tomorrow, the 23rd to shoot center-fire rifle (a new to us M1 Garand).

As I checked on the calendar, it looks like setup for the IDPA starts Saturday. Does that close the Rifle range on Saturday afternoon?

Hi,

I am a new poster (but old userid in NJGF) and a new member to EFGA. My son and i were hoping to go to the range tomorrow, the 23rd to shoot center-fire rifle (a new to us M1 Garand).

As I checked on the calendar, it looks like setup for the IDPA starts Saturday. Does that close the Rifle range on Saturday afternoon?

Just looked at the calendar. I think that you are GTG for the rifle range on Saturday. It says the set-up is on the Special Events range, which are the pits beyond the, normally closed, gate.

The IDPA match on Sunday will co-opt the Special Events Range, the Rifle Range and the single pit that is below the rifle range - so only thing available on Sunday - to non match shooters - will be the rimfire range and the handgun range.

Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks, after reading the calendar more closely, I understand it now! I was projecting sunday's closures back to Saturday too.

I would also love to watch the IDPA on Sunday, but other plans interfere.

IDPA is something I have thought would be a great thing to get involved in, but cost and time are not there right now. I'm focusing on rifles more right now with my son! (less rounds of too!)

Wow, that .gif pretty much shows how it went at my house last night, when I got home. Twelve stages, all eighteen rounds each (maximum allowed in IDPA - although with make-up rounds your actual round count would be higher). Started at 11:30 AM and finished about 6:30 PM. Some real interesting stages. Tried not to think too hard about the $120 worth of ammo (at today's inflated prices) I used.

This is a once a year match and is the exception, not the rule. Typically, matches are a minimum of 4 stages and up to 8 stages - and round count varies per stage - to have all stages at max round count is not the norm, but that was the intentional construct of this particular match.

Really had a good time, despite being a zombie when I got home. Now I'm going to actually have to clean my gun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob