Sign in to follow this  
smoe_picka

Where do I start?

two guns plus supplies? i'd say if you found two used guns fot $200 each, then you only need a can of powder, caps, patch and ball. i'd say you could start bare minimum supplies and guns for $500. Now thats bare minimum. You could use a lot more supplies but that is all you need to shoot.

Want to introduce myself and my son into this. I see online they go from $250 on up. Probably just to kill paper with it. What is a good estimate for initial supplies? I don't know of a starter kit for dummies.

Best thing to do is to show-up at a Match and get the word out that you're interested in getting involved. Guys like Rob and myself will let you shoot our guns to see if they "fit" you, and then recommend places to shop for supplies, etc. Since you're listed as a Nomad, how about showing-up at Old Bridge's regular monthly Match this Sunday morning? Come on out and see what it's all about. Several of us will let you take a shot or two on our guns so you can see if you like a particular model. Then you KNOW what to buy and where to get it at a good price! Well worth the gas!

Dave