Sign in to follow this  
Mmcnair

My first ar build

Figured I would share a pic of my first ar build. Finally got my hands on a dpms lower from bullseye tactical in Woodbridge. Top that off with a bushmaster parts kit, magpul trigger guard and a 15/30 pmag, came out pretty good for a first timer. Hopefully the picture shows up.

post-6513-1365815239_thumb.jpg

BTW, I was able to put a complete BCG together by picking up a complete bolt from Core15, firing pin, retaining pin, cam pin from BCM and a Les Baer carrier with key from Brownells. The stripped carriers come up in stock more often than the full BCGs. Follow the in stock thread on ar15.com.

Looking good, I just finished putting my LPK into my lower, I'll post a pic from my phone. At what point do you have to "pin" your stock? Is it only if you have all parts that could allow you to put together the AR, or do you have to get it pinned immediately?

Reason I ask is I am building this AR over the next couple of months as I am moving to SC in July, but I'd like to get a buffer tube assbly and stock now but not if I am going to have to pin it. Anyone know?

What's that a seekins lower? What lpk did you use? I plan to pin my stock after I get the whole thing together. I would leave it apart if you plan on traveling with it but that's just my opinion.

Yes its a Seekins lower with a CMMG LPK. Good luck with your build!

Pin it before you get the upper, otherwise... constructive intent.

So I will just hold off on getting my upper than until I am in SC and get the buffer tube assembly and stock now. I am so impatient, but I am not about to pin anything. I'll wait until I've moved.