Sign in to follow this  
SJG

Anti Gun Rally & Meeting

I have been advised the ex gov Florio and his Bloomberg cronies will be speaking tonight at :

Temple Emanu-El

Address: 756 E Broad St, Westfield, NJ 07090

Phone:(908) 232-6770

Transit: East Broad St at Jefferson Ave#

Their will also be a discussion on school safety an how to defeat the gun lobby. The meeting is open to the public

I stopped in to see what the other side was up to. All of the "families" of all the shootings nationwide have banded together to put their "face" on Bloomberg's anti-gun circus show, with his financial backing and are going grass roots.

I was there, and it was pretty pathetic. There were 5 of us. I think only one or two were from this forum.

The organizer refused to let me put out my informational flyers, stating, "this is our forum, and we don't have to do this."

The senior sheriff of Union County made the statement that the AR-15 used in CT was a fully automatic machine gun, spraying bullets. Someone said that you can buy these without an ID at any gun show. There was a display of a Jersey illegal AR, a full automatic (I think it was an MP5) and an SKS, with no mention that 2/3 of those are illegal. Next to the display was a video loop showing...full automatic fire. The sheriff behind the counter, an NRA life member, seemed none too happy to have been pulled into the travesty.

The 2nd Amendment presentation focused on the militia clause, stating that the remnant of the militias is found in today's National Guards. No mention of the Heller finding that 2A is a right independent of membership in a militia. No mention of the common use part of the decision.

Afterwards, the organizers were pretty upset, because apparently one of us said something "nasty" to the rabbi. I don't know what was said, but it's inexcusable to upbraid a rabbi (whose speech was pretty reasonable) in his own temple. Talk about being our own worst enemies.

The only good that came of it was that I was able to speak with Cryan and Stenger afterwards about my proposal for a DIY background check. They at least feigned interest in the idea and took my flyer with the details. I'm going to email MPC today to ask him to hold their feet to the fire and remind them that they stated they thought it was a good idea. There were a couple of people who seemed genuinely educable.

Thanks for the report, I would bet that the rabbi probably exaggerated some percieved insult or the whole thing was made up by another participant to make the pro 2A contingent look bad. Remember that the Left and Democrats do this all the time, if you recall the Dem Rep that had "NI GGER" shouted at him supposedly leaving the capitol after some Obamacare hearing or other. That turned out to be completely false, but the Democrats in their dishonesty got lots of mileage out of it anyway.

Of course the whole point of this gathering was to whip up the white Liberal base into frenzy with lies, falsehoods and half truths. Funny that it was in a jewish temple, these sorts of things remind me of the Two Minutes of Hate from 1984. Right now the objects of the Democrats two Minutes Hate is the NRA, and by extension, lawful gun owners. They are sick, twisted people whose object is power and control. Power is not a means to them, it is an end (also from 1984).

Make no mistake about it. The people that were there in support of gun control HATE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A LAWFUL FIREARMS OWNER. They are actively trying to take away your rights, and to confiscate your property, and leave you defenseless against whatever they decide is best for you. They will smile and wave, and pretend to listen to you, and get you to 'compromise', then pull the rug out from under you---just like the SAF/CCRKBA 's brief support for Toomey-Manchin. Be on your guard, always.

Sign in to follow this