Sign in to follow this  
DoctorSig

Out of state gun owner

Was reading another thread which brought up this question - theoretical

If a friend just moved from a 2a friendly state to nj and does not have an fid card. Could we go to range with his firearms with my fid.

Since you do not need to register your guns do you still have to have an fid to have your firearms at home?

Was reading another thread which brought up this question - theoretical

If a friend just moved from a 2a friendly state to nj and does not have an fid card. Could we go to range with his firearms with my fid. He does not need a FPID when going to the range.

Since you do not need to register your guns do you still have to have an fid to have your firearms at home? No

Yeah basically no FPID you can go between any of these places directly - range, gunsmith, home or business. Firearm must be unloaded and in the trunk or inaccessible to the driver (not in the glove box).

No paperwork whatsoever is required to keep guns in your home. However the firearms need to be NJ compliant to be possessed in the state.

I was told by an FFL to transport firearms you must have a FID. If you don't have an FID, keep them in your home and you will be ok.

You need a FPID only to transport long guns outside of the exemptions. Otherwise no FPID needed.