ElmerFudd

Carrying in Delaware

I honestly had no idea. So let me get this straight. I can take a handgun into de or pa without permit, and open carrty anywhere except dover and philly?  And while transportingf it must be on the dash or seat? My mom lives in dover do if I go and visit where do I put the gun?

Yeah and no.

In DE you can transport the firearm openly in the car if you don't have a permit. Must be plainly visible from outside.

In PA you need a permit from any US state to carry it in the passenger compartment. Otherwise you need to lock it in the trunk unloaded just like NJ. 

As a pedestrian you can carry openly in both DE and PA, except for the cities listed. (in PA it is any city of first class but Phila is the only one right now). 

Yeah and no.

In DE you can transport the firearm openly in the car if you don't have a permit. Must be plainly visible from outside.

In PA you need a permit from any US state to carry it in the passenger compartment. Otherwise you need to lock it in the trunk unloaded just like NJ. 

As a pedestrian you can carry openly in both DE and PA, except for the cities listed. (in PA it is any city of first class but Phila is the only one right now). 

^ THIS