Sign in to follow this  
jrfly3006

Gander Mountain Middletown NY..go or no?

I was there about a month ago and they had no handgun ammo or .22lr.. They redid their gun section and its not as friendly as it used to be. Staff was friendly. Buying isn't a problem with dl and fid (for ammo). There is also a dicks and walmart nearby that sells ammo too. Gander has a good selection of accesories and also air rifles and pistols. Not worth going as a destination, but if you're in the area its probably worth it to check out. Pretty easy to get off and on 17 up there.

I was there about a month ago and they had no handgun ammo or .22lr.. They redid their gun section and its not as friendly as it used to be. Staff was friendly. Buying isn't a problem with dl and fid (for ammo). There is also a dicks and walmart nearby that sells ammo too. Gander has a good selection of accesories and also air rifles and pistols. Not worth going as a destination, but if you're in the area its probably worth it to check out. Pretty easy to get off and on 17 up there.

For now........I can't see Walmart doing NICS checks and the instant reporting to sell ammo when that starts next year, especially if it's a store that only sells ammo and not firearms (like I have seen in other parts of NY)

Stopped in this afternoon.... Loaded with any shotgun shells you could ever want... Had .223 (Independence and Fed XM193 at $11.99 a box.. No thanks)..virtually no pistol ammo..looking gor 30-30 but none... A few boxes of .22 at $29.99.. Accessory aisles were full stocked.. Some good deals ln gun bags/cases, targets, and some AR stuff.. Gun cases were filled but didnt really look at prices.. So worth a stop if passing but I wouldnt make a dedicated trip.thanks all for the knfo