BHR

Hunterdon County Shop for a restore

Looking for a shop in Hunterdon County to help with a restore of some old rifles that haven't been taken care of, including an old military .30-06 and a Remington .22 LR that needs a bolt.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By jeffsolo
      My wife and I had to go to a surgical supply company very close to Guns and Roses, so I thought we'd stop in there today.  We walked in to a cramped jammed store that was crowded with both some merchandise and a few people.  What I assume was the owner's wife almost immediately said "Someone will be with you shortly" as she went outside with her 2 chihuahuas....that was the last positive thing that happened there.  There were 3 apparent insiders at the counter....the eldest seemed to playing games buying 2 Colt wheel guns.  He kept hemming and hawing and mentioning something about another gun they had there that they couldn't find-I have no idea if it was being held for him or was there on consignment. 
                         Another potential customer came in with a bandaged knee. He mentioned he had his artificial knee replaced again and after stating he didn't care if anyone there was Jewish complained about the Jewish doctor who told him his problems were all related to arthritis, not a bad prosthetic.  Fine, that's just a customer and I chalked it up to ignorance.
                         The counter-blockers continued the discussion on the guns when who I'm pretty sure what was Joe (the owner) said " alright Mr stein, steen, or berg, and repeated it several times.  I decided at that point after waiting over 20 minutes to speak to somebody, I had had enough and motioned to my wife, who had accompanied me, to leave.  I obviously won't be returning.
                           He permanently lost me as a customer.....I had cash, a fresh open Permit to Purchase, and was looking for something that seemed a lot like that original box Diamondback that "customer" guy was pawing.  I'm Jewish, am a frequent firearms purchaser, and have a lot of friends-both members and non-members of my tribe.  I'll be sure to mention my experience to them and anyone else who will listen.
                           I've done quite a bit of selling and purchasing on Gunbroker and Guns America, but have tried to support the local shops as much as I can.  I had hoped I could add this place to the collection of local guys I've grown to know, respect, and patronize.  Guess you can't always get what you want.