Tallday

Help getting some more handgun permits and lost

So I have not bought a pistol in about a year. I am planing on submitting my papers tomorrow to my PD. Do i need to surrender my FID card? Or am I reading this wrong? http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/072913_firearms_app_procedure.pdf . What is the new procedure? I used to just fill out one form and give some cash wait a few weeks then go pick up my permits.

That only applies if you are getting a replacement card because yours is mutilated.

Even at that, there is no statutory requirement that you surrender your current FPID card (regardless of condition) while your application for a new one is being processed. I recently applied for a couple P2P's and asked the detective if I could also check the box for a replacement FPID - no problem. Got both permits and the new FPID at the same time. Still have my old one too.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

That only applies if you are getting a replacement card because yours is mutilated.

Even at that, there is no statutory requirement that you surrender your current FPID card (regardless of condition) while your application for a new one is being processed. I recently applied for a couple P2P's and asked the detective if I could also check the box for a replacement FPID - no problem. Got both permits and the new FPID at the same time. Still have my old one too.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks! So all I need is my permit application a money order for 18.00 to the SPD and whatever my local PD wants? Right?

Thanks! So all I need is my permit application a money order for 18.00 to the SPD and whatever my local PD wants? Right?

The process is the same for your P2P's as it was for your FPID (STS-033 / SP-066) with one exception. In leiu of fingerprints you need to fill out an SBI-212A (only available from the PD). That is what the $18 is for. Your permits when you get them will be $2 each.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The process is the same for your P2P's as it was for your FPID (STS-033 / SP-066) with one exception. In leiu of fingerprints you need to fill out an SBI-212A (only available from the PD). That is what the $18 is for. Your permits when you get them will be $2 each.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Now they are allowing you to order the SB212A online. At least NJSP is when you apply at the NJSP barracks (if you don't have a local PD and your town is served by NJSP). The cost is $20 and you pay online with a credit card.