AlDente67

If you wanted a Carl Zeiss optic at wholesale, which one?

So I have a good friend who works for Zeiss in the US.  I've bought 4 Duralytes from him in the past, and then we had to give it a rest, as the Germans were getting suspicious.  But now the door is open again for a limited amount.

These are all covered by full 5-year warranty on the 'you break it, we replace it' standard, followed by a limited lifetime warranty after that (for details, I'd need to find my manual).

I have the 4-12 Duralyte on one of my rifles and it is pretty nice, but also looking to outfit my AR-15 for longer ranges.  I think I paid around $500 for it, when intraweb pricing was close to $1100 anywhere I could find.

So the question is two-fold:

1) Since my contact is in finance and has no clue what the model differences are (he is not a gun person), and Zeiss has a lot of models, which one would you go for if the price was right, especially for an AR-15?  I'm leaning toward the Conquest HD5 5-25x50 for maximum adjustable range.

2) If you have something else in mind, let me know here.  I might be able to score a few.

Hey I might be interestd in that, I was close to buying a Zeiss back in November of last year for my 700... instead I got a Nikon Monarch (which I got a great deal on, and am happy with, but I know it's not a Zeiss etc.)... but am always interested in great deals like that.

That Conquest HD5 5-25x50 is extremely sexy...what could you do on one of those?

Literally, would be an awesome awesome get.. Please let me know or keep me in mind.

Thanks much,.

Hi guys, difficult to get a hold of folks this time of year, but I got some pricing in...

Conquest HD5:

3-15x42 with RZ 600 reticle and RZ 800 reticle = $683

5-25x50 with Lock Plex = $748

5-25x50 with RZ 800 reticle = $780

Victory Z-Point with red dot = $390

All pricing looks to be around 40% off of retail, more or less.

Scrap, I think the scopes are called hunter or target so as not to imply "aim at zombies" specifically.