Sign in to follow this  
sixgun

Manners elite hunter stocks

I have read some on the Manners stock, But personally I went with Boyds Gunstocks for the 2 Rifles that I did with aftermarket stocks.

Check different Rifle forums and you will find many opinions on stock makers.

The Boyds stocks that I have used are very good in my opinion.

Manners Composite Stocks are the best of The Best of THE BEST. I have nothing but respect for the above poster but that is akin to comparing a Hummer H-1A to a Nissan Pathfinder .. Boyd makes nice, good stocks just as a Pathfinder is a nice, good looking, popular SUV. But it is not even in the same level playing field as a Hummer.

I have a MCS T5A DBM which I LOVE! CANNOT stress how happy and lucky I am to have it, but it is not the Elite Hunter model lineup. I wanted a tactical and probably thumb hole stock as I was wanting a build of a civilian "sniper rifle" ... and I hit a brand grand slam with it, ... the elite hunters are so nice I may use one for a hunting rifle build. I have a Remington 700 AACSD 308 as my base rifle, 20" heavy bbl. They make a special edition 16.5" bbl AACSD 308 I am pondering as a hunting rifle and property-carry rifle when I finally get to move to the 30 acres we bought in FL... would make an awesome rifle ... 700 AACSD 308 16.5 HB in a MCS ELITE HUNTER with a Trijicon AccuPoint or maybe a Leupold 1-6..

Any way you would be wise wise wise to continue your research and planning on the Manners, they are the best. b est .

Manners makes an excellent stock. I own many of them. The only one I would classify as a hunting stock is my T3 and its the least favorite of all my manners stocks because of the way my shooting hand has to grip the stock. It is at an awkward wrist angle for me. I'm used to the straight angle of the tactical stocks, much more comfortable.

Look at the McMillan stocks too. Just as good as manners.