Sign in to follow this  
big five

Any one use GSSF to buy?

You must join (or belong to) GSSF for a minimum of two years. You will then get one coupon per membership year, and you may exercise one coupon per calendar year.

As far as a 'cheaper Glock' influences your decision, decide on what model(s) you want, and then confirm what the Blue Label price will be from your Blue Label dealer. There is variance of pricing that varies by state, distributor and dealer. Glock does not set one national price for every Blue Label gun. The actual percentage discount also varies significantly between models, and may not be as much as you expect. Also check availability.

See here: http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

You must join (or belong to) GSSF for a minimum of two years. You will then get one coupon per membership year, and you may exercise one coupon per calendar year.

As far as a 'cheaper Glock' influences your decision, decide on what model(s) you want, and then confirm what the Blue Label price will be from your Blue Label dealer. There is variance of pricing that varies by state, distributor and dealer. Glock does not set one national price for every Blue Label gun. The actual percentage discount also varies significantly between models, and may not be as much as you expect. Also check availability.

See here: http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

Pretty much spot on. Just make sure you sign up for 2+ years. If you only sign up for one year you wont get a voucher the first year. I signed up for 3 years ($80) and get 1 voucher to use each year. Plus they send you some swag (hat, patches, stickers) and you can also win guns at matches you participate in. I got a quote from Lawmans in Pennsauken for a Gen 4 G19 with factory night sights for $455. So as soon as I get my last permit back from extension I will be picking one up. Its worth it if you ask me, the money Ill save on that gun pays for the membership and I have 2 more vouchers to use of 2 years. Good luck!

1) Go to GSSF website, download a PDF form, fill it in together with your credit card details and send it out by email to the address listed on the form. You have to join for at least 2 years (I think, it was ~$60 in September). Do it as soon as you can when you actually made a decision to buy a Glock... because...

2) ...you need to allow several weeks for a welcome package to come to your specified address. Mine took ~2-3 weeks to arrive. Before this package arrives, you CAN NOT buy a discounted "blue label" Glock - there is no "online confirmation" etc. - you HAVE to have a paper card coupon arriving together with this welcome package.

3) Decide on what Glock you would like to buy. I personally think $425 for Gen4 "standard" Glock (17, 19, 22, 23) is a bargain given that even used Glocks are sometimes sold for the price closer to $500. 

4) You will then need to call several NJ stores that are Glock dealers and ask them for "blue label" priced Glock in your desired version. Mind that AFAIK dealers can NOT sell you a "usual" Glock (while being completely identical) with a "white" label for "blue label" price, so if a model you want to buy is not in stock in "blue label" you need to look for it somewhere else.

I personally found RTSP to be extremely helpful - they seemed to have a decent selection of blue label Glocks both times I visited them. I didn't really understand the comment above about "Glock not setting one national price..." - as far as I know, Blue Label Glock 19 will cost you $425 in any store participating in this program. If it is offered for a higher base price, I would call Glock support and ask them what to do.

Ottomanelli's Sporting Arms also seem to participate in this Blue Label program. 

A piece of advice: When inquiring about those Glocks in stock with different stores over the phone don't use "GSSF" acronyms etc. - it will just lead to confusion in most instances. Ask only for "blue label" Glocks. Originally "Blue Label" pricing was for primarily for sales to LEO, and some stores either do not know that this program extends on GSSF members as well, or pretend not to know it :-) (so if you ask for "GSSF priced Glock" you might well hear that they never carried such)

If you get a 2-year GSSF membership you will be able to get another coupon in 1 year time. Thus you will have a chance to buy 2 Glocks for discounted price for $60 once in two years. Even not counting in other nice freebies (GSSF baseball cap, magazines, ability to take Glock Armorer course and participate in GSSF matches etc.) this still seems to be a very good deal.

======

EDITED: Hmm, I just read the GSSF paper again and it seems that those prices are officially "Suggested pricing" not necessarily restricting dealers to go up or even down if they wish so. I might have actually been wrong with the statement underlined above, my fault... Nonetheless, I got mine off RTSP exactly for $425 + taxes + NICS

EDITED 2: Found my old thread on basically the same question that I asked several months ago. Might be some useful answers there.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/60883-practical-use-of-gssf-membership-in-nj/

As far as pricing goes, Google 'Glock blue label pricing', or go search on one of the Glock forums. You will see feedback from many people indicating the pricing is all over the map. And you must compare pricing for specific models, not one model vs. another. My understanding from my FFL is that the distributor has the biggest influence on the final price.

Mikka1: do you know if you join GSSF for multiple years at the get-go, will they send a purchase coupon with your initial membership package? I joined GSSF initially to take the Armorer's Course, but initially for only a one year membership. Then 12 months later when I renewed, they sent me two coupons within a couple weeks of each other. My impression was that they wouldn't send a coupon until you had been a member for at least a year. But that may not be right. The OP should find that out for sure if he expects to buy a Blue Label Glock this year.

45Doll, I joined in September and they sent me a coupon right away with the welcome package.

I suspect the idea here is the following (but I might be wrong) - only those who stay with GSSF at least 12 months + 1 day are entitled to discount coupons. That said, when you initially became a member, they sent you nothing because they were not sure you would stay for 1 more day after your membership expires (aka if you renew). When you renewed your membership before the end of the first year, they sent you the coupon right away.

In case if somebody becomes a member for several years right away, they are sure that this person will stay for longer than 12 months, so they send the first coupon with welcome package.

I might be wrong in details, but it seems that this is how it works.

From my experience, pricing seems to be fairly consistent across dealers but there aren't that many Blue Label dealers to begin with.

Also, IIRC, the price for LEO/MIL may be less than for GSSF in the Blue Label program.  Finally, I think some dealers were recently blowing out their Gen 3 Blue Label inventory.

also worth noting: the coupons are 1 per calendar year, not 1 for during the dates you joined. Example, if you join for 2+ years and get a welcome packet in November, you can use 1 coupon on dec 31 and one on January 1st since itd be a new year. Something to think about if you time your permits right and want to use them for that.

And with a very slight adjustment of dates, that's exactly what I did. Of course one of them had to be on a MHE for the dates to be that close. In NJ.

your right, but it was just the idea I was trying to get across. LOL, If your not in NJ you could pull it off.

So I am right then to assume that with a properly timed 2-year GSSF membership you can actually have THREE discount coupons? (i.e. for 2013, 2014 and 2015 calendar years?)

I thought that at some point they had a clear rule that the second coupon could have been obtained only when 12 months have passed from the start of your membership (which would frankly speaking make some sense in my view), but I might be wrong here...

Mikka1: No. You get one coupon per membership year, and you can exercise one coupon per calendar year.

So if you initially sign up for two years, you'll get one coupon with your membership packet, and one coupon at the start of your second membership year. Two total. I don't believe they will send you two immediately at sign up, but I could be wrong. I haven't done that.

Note: there's no expiration date on the coupons.

Mikka1: No. You get one coupon per membership year, and you can exercise one coupon per calendar year.

So if you initially sign up for two years, you'll get one coupon with your membership packet, and one coupon at the start of your second membership year. Two total. I don't believe they will send you two immediately at sign up, but I could be wrong. I haven't done that.

Note: there's no expiration date on the coupons.

45Doll, If I understand it right, when you sign up in November 2013, you get the first coupon in November 2013 and the second coupon - in November 2014, not earlier.

If yes, then this is exactly how I thought the whole GSSF membership works (so in my case I will get my second coupon no earlier than in September 2014)

However,

also worth noting: the coupons are 1 per calendar year, not 1 for during the dates you joined. Example, if you join for 2+ years and get a welcome packet in November, you can use 1 coupon on dec 31 and one on January 1st since itd be a new year. Something to think about if you time your permits right and want to use them for that.

suggests that this was not the case (again, if I interpreted it the right way).

TheBEARD, if you join in November, how would you obtain a second coupon to be used in January? Have you actually tried this (in fact, this would be fantastic if it really works :-) )

Just call them and they will mail it to you. When i signed up i told them i live in NJ and the whole OGAM crap. So she sent me my coupon and card by themselves and then i got the welcome packet a few weeks later with another coupon in it. But really all you have to do is call or email them and they will send you it.