maintenanceguy

Invite a Friend - It Works!

Talking to a friend tonight.  He's not a big gun-guy but he did grow up hunting and shooting and still has some interest.  His wife is very anti-gun.  She doesn't mind if other people have them but does not want one in her home.  

Well, a neighbor took them both shooting this weekend and she had a really good time and her fear of guns is much less.   They're talking about possibly getting one.  He hasn't convinced her yet but she isn't angry at the idea any more.

If you live in the Woodstown area and took C and his wife H out shooting over the weekend, thank you.  You changed someone's opinion.

9 times outta 10 thats what happens...they're "anti" because they don't understand it...once they go and experience it, see the regiment behind it and get an understanding, the opinion(s) shift to "hmm, that wasn't so bad"...and the next time its usually "you know, I could get into this..."

Good for them! I've always advocated taking someone shooting who's on the fence. When a gun is an abstract thing that someone's never handled, it's easy for them to believe the BS people say about them. Once someone actually goes shooting and enjoys it, well, I've never met a person who wasn't pro-gun after that.

I've converted a dozen or so people. I think the best thing people can do for 2A is to take a noob shooting. Plus, it's an excuse to go to the range, you know, for your rights and stuff XD.

Yep..I concur. A friend of mine who wasn't anti or pro recently inherited a .410 shotgun and asked me to teach him to use it. He attended our last shootout in Clinton. We talked afterwards and he was asking about getting his FPID and purchasing a 12 ga.

And that from a democrat. (Ducks in anticipation of thrown objects)

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I have done this on several occasions and everyone I brought had a great time.  I don't know if I ever truly converted anyone but I have a few friends that ask to go back, so I guess it is working.

We took a couple of guys from work out skeet shooting this weekend and I think we might of converted one or two of the friends they brought with them. Everyone wanted to shoot my evil black maverick 88.... :sarcastichand: