CMJeepster

Meanwhile in Free America...

"JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - Missouri’s House has endorsed a proposed amendment to the state Constitution intended to strengthen the right to bear arms.

The Republican-led chamber voted 122-31 on Tuesday to send the bill back to the Senate where a similar version passed previously. Lawmakers must agree on an identical bill before the session ends May 16.

Legislative approval would put the measure on the November statewide ballot.

The amendment would define the right to bear arms as “unalienable” and require the state to defend against any “infringement” of that right. It would also include defending one’s “family” with a firearm as a guaranteed constitutional right.

It would also specify that the Legislature could still impose restrictions on gun ownership for convicted violent felons and the mentally ill.

___

Guns is SJR36

Online:

Legislature: http://www.moga.mo.gov

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/7/missouri-house-endorses-gun-rights-amendment/#ixzz3129fay9i"

------------

It's nice to see that there's a push to formalize the basic human right to self-defense, unlike what we here in this "state" have, which is the right to retreat, cower in a corner and pee ourselves.  The more of these articles that I read, the more apparent it becomes to me that this nation is polarizing at an alarming rate.  Not to get too deep into the issue, but I think that it started after WWII when citizens didn't have to band together for a common cause against a common enemy.  Without a common goal, society began to spin off into different directions.

I weep for my children's generation...