Sign in to follow this  
ReC0de

Question about Pistol Permit

Are they good for 180 days now? I hear rumors going around..

Also... to buy a handgun from a private seller, you still need a permit? Or is just a FID and DL good?

ALSO when you have your FID...and apply for more purchase permits... Do they use the references that you have to provide?

you need to get them extended for additional 90 days, you will see a space you issuing authority will fill in with date of extension. The rumor you heard was of one township doing it for who knows what reason.

yes P2p is needed for ALL handgun purchases

you can use whatever references you choose to put on application

Thanks guys but what I meant is do you have to have two references again EVEN when you have your FID? Because if so that means I have to wait months for my permits again because they mail questions about me to the refrences I provide. What is P2P?

Thanks guys but what I meant is do you have to have two references again EVEN when you have your FID? Because if so that means I have to wait months for my permits again because they mail questions about me to the refrences I provide. What is P2P?

getting your FPID card and getting pistol permits typically require the same process each time you apply. Only dif is the FPID is a one time application (for now) unless you change your address vs repeating the process for new permits. Getting the permits extended is not a given, it is up to the cleo to say yes or no and varies by town, also its not unusual- in fact its common- for some towns to take months to issue new permits.