Sign in to follow this  
InFamous

Ordering experiences with http://www.centerfireguns.com/?

I'm interested in a 50th anniversary edition Ruger 10/22. I see that centerfireguns.com has them available for 218.00 with free shipping.

http://www.centerfireguns.com/ruger-10-22-22lr-collector-10r-blk-21105.html

I wanted to originally order it from Palmetto State Armory but they are currently out of stock. They had them for $199.99 plus just under $15 shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/rifles/ruger/ruger-10-22-50th-aniv-collectors-edition.html

Basically close enough in price but I'm not as familiar with centerfireguns.com as I am with Palmetto. Any feedback would be great.

Also, they don't have Andover Hunt and Fish listed as an FFL, it's still listed as the old name of YOJ Sports and their license is not on file. They do however have Hackettstown Guns and Ammo listed with their license on file. Does anyone off hand know their transfer fee? If I decide to order I'll call Hackettstown first if no one knows. 

I'd rather go through Andover since I've dealt with them in the past. I assume I'd have to contact both Andover and centerfire to figure that part out.

Thanks!

Yes call Andover, they will probably have to fax information to Centerfire before they transfer. Pretty common. Hackettstown is on the forum you can contact them through the Vendor section. I don't know if Walt himself checks the forum or if he has someone do so for him.

Aguilar64 is Tony, he works for Walt at Hackettstown G&A. Shoot him a PM.

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28605-A-Very-Warm-Welcome-to-Walt-&-Tony-with-Hackettstown-Guns-&-Ammo#entry374476

Thanks! I be sure to do that if I decide to order from centerfire. Still getting input about them. I did do a forum search but only one person was talking about them in a couple of threads. 

I PM'd both Hackettstown and Andover, so I'm good on that part. Anyone know anything specifically about the online retailer? I've read a few reviews online, mostly good but a few about them taking the money and not shipping the item either "on time" or didn't have order in their system. The few complaints I've seen are lack of customer service and being able to contact them.

Have you checked to see what someone local or forum vendors can do for yoo?

I guess this thread would be a good start :p Of course if it's a $10-$20 difference I'd buy local, but for a non 50th anniversary model everyone quotes me well over $280+

Walt at Hackettstown G&A gets $42.80 OTD for transferred firearms (25 plus 15 nics and tax).  Have done many with him smooth as silk each time. 

That's the pricing I was hoping for, thanks T Bill!

Dan you can do a price request to the forum vendors, on the rifle you seek. You never know someone that sponsors the forum could have a decent deal for you. Possibly even a slightly used rifle for a good price. It will definitely save you the transfer fee right off the bat.

As far as Centerfire, I have never had a bad experience from them! Turn around time is quick. Just have your FFL send them their info and order away!

Bill T

Thanks for the info! I already contacted Hackettstown and their FFL stuff on file with them already according to the site. I mainly wanted feedback on the retailer itself, so I'm glad to hear your transactions have gone smoothly in the past. How many times have you used them?

I also just found this one too...

http://www.impactguns.com/ruger-1022-50th-anniversary-collectors-series-22lr-185in-fiber-optic-sight-anniversary-markings-comm.aspx

Basically $10 more because of shipping but it states it comes with 3 mags. Usually only comes with ones correct? At that point the $10 may be worth the extra 2 mags?

I also just found this one too...

http://www.impactguns.com/ruger-1022-50th-anniversary-collectors-series-22lr-185in-fiber-optic-sight-anniversary-markings-comm.aspx

Basically $10 more because of shipping but it states it comes with 3 mags. Usually only comes with ones correct? At that point the $10 may be worth the extra 2 mags?

The one I bought in the fall only came with one. I bought a few BX25'S pinned at 15. But now I want some of the new BX15's that just came out.

The one I bought in the fall only came with one. I bought a few BX25'S pinned at 15. But now I want some of the new BX15's that just came out.

So for the time being, this may be the better deal, given this online retailer has a good rep lol. So now I need opinions on centerfire and impact. :p Both will ship to Hackettstown, also DeerSlayer, Aguilar64 got back to me very quickly...thanks for the heads up!

Centerfire has always been positive for me. Done a few transactions with them. Quick, simple, and solid customer service where they actually call you on the phone and speak to you if there's any kind of issue. I have no qualms about recommending them.

Centerfire has always been positive for me. Done a few transactions with them. Quick, simple, and solid customer service where they actually call you on the phone and speak to you if there's any kind of issue. I have no qualms about recommending them.

Thanks for your review Luke! Exactly the type of info I'm looking for. Appreciated!