Anyone in the Old Bridge vicinity who would be able to help me out with a tiny weld job? It would be a small dot weld over a blind pin installed on a thick walled 4150 steel tube. I'm willing to compensate for time.

Would this be welding over a pin for a muzzle brake?

Yep, I was implying that in a round-about way. I guess I wasn't as funny as I thought.

I like to be sure things stay put, so I'd like a weld over the pin on a muzzle brake.

Thanks bry@n, Steve at Monmouth just shot me a note, and he's equipped, has the time this weekend, and is like 10 minutes from me. Done deal! I've never dealt with him before so it will be good to meet another dealer/shop in my area.

On the legality part, there are certain circumstances where it is needed.

I've used my mig welder to do my bent bolt and muzzle break on my mosin. worked out pretty well. I'm in south amboy 

Thanks peppers. I've already taken up the other offer but I do appreciate your offer!

Muzzle brake and bent bolt on a Mosin you say. I'd like to see some pics of that.

What are some other acceptable ways to permanently attach a muzzle break? --  I can weld and have my own equipment but I'm always open to other options

In NJ it seems to be acceptable to use just a blind pin or any of the BATFE federal opinion "rules".

BATFE rules to use a brake as a barrel extension in order to make a >16" barrel rifle to not be a SBR a few ways:

- weld a bead entirely around the muzzle device

- blind pin the device, along with a weld over the pin

- high temp silver solder the device to the barrel

Steve at Monmouth Arms took care of my pin welding this afternoon. It was my first time interacting with him, and I have to say he is a stand-up guy and runs a solid business.

Thanks Steve!