Sign in to follow this  
Midwest

New book on LA Crimes and Photos from 1953

New book on LA Crimes and Photos from 1953

Crime writer James Ellroy has a new book "LAPD 53" coming out on Tuesday May 19 2015.  It looks at Los Angeles crimes and photos from over 60 years ago. The book looks to be an interesting read. The link has some pictures of crime photos from 1953.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/14/us/gallery/tbt-lapd-1953-crime-scenes/

"Los Angeles crime scenes in 1953

Updated 2:08 PM ET, Thu May 14, 2015

Crime writer James Ellroy has teamed up with the Los Angeles Police Museum on "LAPD '53," a new book that looks at crimes in the city more than 60 years ago.
"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Kaiser7
      Anyway, as some of you may know, my '97 Maxima is currently sitting around until I can get it fixed after being rear-ended by a Mays landing driving instructor. Though this probably happened the other day (as my mom mentioned her car being broken into again) I just noticed about an hour ago that my car was broken into, and that stuff was scattered around inside.

I think they first looked through my glove compartment, since everything in there was emptied out onto the seat. The funny thing is, my center console hardly had anything moved around in it. Only the papers at the very top were taken out of the console, and left on the driver's seat, it also looks like they got out of there in a hurry since they left a set of sunglasses and a phone charger in my car.

The papers at the top of my center console? NRA membership papers I never sent in XD.

Oh, and before you ask, no, we didn't bother calling the police, car break-ins have been going on around me for a few months with regularity. The last time my mom's car was broken into, they ended up releasing the guy with no charges despite his lengthy criminal record of drugs/theft/assault charges.

As usual, the police around here are worthless for anything but traffic violations.
    • By 9X19
      WTS 3 AR-15 Gun Digest books, Volumes 1,2 and 3 by Patrick Sweeney. All are in excellent like new condition.
      $13.00 each or all 3 for $33.00 shipped. Check or money order. I don't have paypal. Can also meet at RTSP.
    • I bought the stainless Rossi lever carbine in .357 a few years ago, to match a bush rifle caliber to my revolvers. I'm pretty sure I paid under $400 at the time. Shoots sweet, reliable, more than accurate enough. When I was shopping for it I kept running into comments on gun forums (not this one, iirc) criticiziing the action compared to the Henrys, but I've never shot a Henry lever gun, and I guess I'm too dumb to notice any issues.
    • Interesting discussion. I have plenty of large, tall trees that I could affix antennae elements to . But then I'd be at the mercy of wind and lightning. Of course, a falling tree could easily take out an adjacent tower as well :-) My biggest mental obstacle with installing a tower is how to get all the pieces up the slope to the install point. A new tower is no doubt a pretty big expense, but I see them on FB Marketplace regularly for fairly cheap, provided the buyer takes the thing down.
    • Nice grab Stu! Beat me to it. @Mr.Stu And @DirtyDigz - Rumson is the next town over from me (maybe a 5 minute drive). I can be a middle-man and grab it if you can’t find a time that works for you guys and @Rob0115.
    • Health comes first.  Besides, how can we complain about you giving stuff away?