Sledgecrowbar

Strike Industries +5 PMAG base pad

Typical engineer - doesn't take the end users needs into consideration! :p (I was an engineer for a few years right out of college)

The number of rounds is irrelevant. There is still a size range for the magazine to be useful. The ability to retrieve the magazine from a pouch and manipulate the magazine when you have minimal dexterity is what is important.

It's not wasted space, its a handle.

Typical engineer - doesn't take the end users needs into consideration! :p (I was an engineer for a few years right out of college)

The number of rounds is irrelevant. There is still a size range for the magazine to be useful. The ability to retrieve the magazine from a pouch and manipulate the magazine when you have minimal dexterity is what is important.

It's not wasted space, its a handle.

Put a magpul on it then! lol its always easier to fix a problem you create with a totally different solution than reversing the cause of the problem. Engineering 101

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Engineering 101 - design a product that fits the design parameters and the end users needs the first time, eliminating aftermarket solutions or a revised product.

When asked to design a box magazine for the M16 rifle that holds 30 rounds, the engineers were successful. The mag was built to the exact dimensions of 30 rounds double stacked, follower, and spring.

The end users discovered that it was really a 28 round magazine -not 30 - as it couldn't be successfully loaded into a rifle with the bolt forward.

A Ranger Plate or Magpul may help with retrieving a magazine from a mag pouch but is useless for loading with a push-pull.

Engineering 101 - design a product that fits the design parameters and the end users needs the first time, eliminating aftermarket solutions or a revised product.

When asked to design a box magazine for the M16 rifle that holds 30 rounds, the engineers were successful. The mag was built to the exact dimensions of 30 rounds double stacked, follower, and spring.

The end users discovered that it was really a 28 round magazine -not 30 - as it couldn't be successfully loaded into a rifle with the bolt forward.

A Ranger Plate or Magpul may help with retrieving a magazine from a mag pouch but is useless for loading with a push-pull.

1. Hope you know I was joking and see your point on why a 20 rd or 30 rd pin might be advantageous over a built to lenght 15 rd. I still prefer the idea of a 15 rd length mag (see #2), but it's all preference.

2. A 15 Rd pmag with the extended base will have more for me to grip that 10 rd pmag so I'll still be in a better place than I am now since I mainly practice/train with the 10 round pmag (I work the 10 rd steel box mags in periodically)

3. MERRY CHRISTMASpost-7879-145106597929_thumb.jpg

Ugh! I ordered the 3 packs of the EMP....they are the +2 for the Magpul for Gen M2....WOMP WOMP. So just instead just shot pistol and put some new bits in the AR (trigger, BAD lever, Enhanced Trigger guard). Let's see how good Strike Industries customer service is! To be continued....Posted Image