Sign in to follow this  
wadezky

CZ 2075 Rami

Hey all, so I have 1 more permit to use in this go around before I start the process to get more, and with this last one I wanted something that can be a CCW when the time comes.  I was originally kicking around an Xds in .45 or the Glock 36 in same caliber, but in the interest of sticking to another 9mm, I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or experience with the CZ Rami.   I have an SP-01 and love it, so I thought lets see if anyone owns the Rami and can let me know if it's worth it or should I stick with one of the .45's I mentioned?  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

I've got one, and my feelings are mixed.  the build quality is typical CZ excellence, and it feels good in the hand for a small pistol.  It's quite thick for a carry pistol, but I'm sure that it could be done.  My issue is that I've had it to the range 2 or 3 times and it has functioned less than reliably.  First time out I was getting ftf's on every magazine, every couple of rounds in fact.  Did some research online and others were having similar issues. theories included recoil springs, magazine springs, or magazine feed lips.  I broke down the pistol, cleaned and scrubbed everything that moved, lubed anywhere there were 2 or more pieces of metal touching and rubbing against each other.  I also got different types and weights of ammoes in hopes that it might be ammoe finicky.  So next range trip it functioned much better, there was only 1 ftf out of 100-150 rounds.  And it occurred using the same type of ammoe I was using on my first range trip.  So it may be a new pistol needing to be cleaned and lubed and broken in, or it may not like Remington UMC.  Either way I was let down, since my CZ75 & 97 are as reliable as a hammer.  When the Rami works it's a pleasure to shoot. I hope that it becomes a reliable workhorse someday, because right now in a life and death situation I would not trust it.

I've got one, and my feelings are mixed.  the build quality is typical CZ excellence, and it feels good in the hand for a small pistol.  It's quite thick for a carry pistol, but I'm sure that it could be done.  My issue is that I've had it to the range 2 or 3 times and it has functioned less than reliably.  First time out I was getting ftf's on every magazine, every couple of rounds in fact.  Did some research online and others were having similar issues. theories included recoil springs, magazine springs, or magazine feed lips.  I broke down the pistol, cleaned and scrubbed everything that moved, lubed anywhere there were 2 or more pieces of metal touching and rubbing against each other.  I also got different types and weights of ammoes in hopes that it might be ammoe finicky.  So next range trip it functioned much better, there was only 1 ftf out of 100-150 rounds.  And it occurred using the same type of ammoe I was using on my first range trip.  So it may be a new pistol needing to be cleaned and lubed and broken in, or it may not like Remington UMC.  Either way I was let down, since my CZ75 & 97 are as reliable as a hammer.  When the Rami works it's a pleasure to shoot. I hope that it becomes a reliable workhorse someday, because right now in a life and death situation I would not trust it.

Wow...seems like I've read online from other people exactly what you're saying.  So after reading lots of bad I started looking at the CZ 75 compact.....and I'm thinking that's the way to go instead of the Rami.  You said you have a 75 and it's reliable, and seems to jive with everything I've read...people love them.  And being reliable is exactly what someone needs if they're going to have a CCW.  My SP-01 feels great, shoots great....I can't say enough good things about it, so instead of looking outside the family for a CCW, I want to stay in the CZ's and get something that has that same feel in my hand.  Might officially be crossing the Rami off the list.

I have a Rami and a PCR. I have never had a issue with either. I have a few CZ's for that reason. I like how they fit my hand. The PCR is very acurate more so then I am. I love the look on people's faces after they fire a few rounds. From a gun maker most have never heard of. If you want to try to fire it and not smile let me know.post-7506-0-27919600-1469936719_thumb.jpeg