Laker701

Good 22LR Revolver

i would avoid a single-action revolver such as a Single Six unless you want it for a specific purpose.  The S&W 617 is awesome.  The Ruger SP101 is a very nice one as well.   And,  another consideration would be the Ruger LCRx.  If you do get a Single Six, check into the Ruger variety with the .22 WMR and .22LR cylinders that swap out.  That would be versatile.  Another thought would be to get a Smith & Wesson M&P 22 Compact.  That is an awesome little gun and Gun Mag Warehouse had S&W magazines on sale....  I personally think a .22 revolver of some kind is a staple in anyone's collection. A buddy has a  cheaper older reolver, I think it is a High Standard? and it is a fun little gun to plink with.  Although it is kind of ugly, for versatility I would get a Ruger LCRx in 3" barrel.  I wish they would come out with one with interchangeable cylinders like the Taurus or the Single Six.  Just keep in mind that a .22 revolver has a heavy trigger which is needed for the rimfire cartridge.  I imagine that the better quality Smiths mitigate this.  I know that just about every time I go to the range, my 22 revolver goes with me.  

• Like 1