Sign in to follow this  
Screwball

TapaTalk Released Update - unrelated chatter

I’ve been plugging along on Safari... it absolutely sucks. Hope it gets working, as I would like to stick around on the forum at least until September. Only other forums I use Safari for are AR15.com and MCARBO (both are a lot easier to work with on here).

Figured I’d give members here first chance on a 16” compliant Tavor barrel, as I plan on switching it out for a free one upon getting up to Maine. Wish the magazine ban didn’t come down... would have done the same for the 15 rounders. Those will have to go up on AR15.com... unfortunately.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Screwball said:

I’ve been plugging along on Safari... it absolutely sucks. Hope it gets working, as I would like to stick around on the forum at least until September. Only other forums I use Safari for are AR15.com and MCARBO (both are a lot easier to work with on here).

Figured I’d give members here first chance on a 16” compliant Tavor barrel, as I plan on switching it out for a free one upon getting up to Maine. Wish the magazine ban didn’t come down... would have done the same for the 15 rounders. Those will have to go up on AR15.com... unfortunately.

Why buy another barrel? Just cut the dang brake off. I just got done doing my 4th rifle and installed Surefires on everything.

30 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Why buy another barrel? Just cut the dang brake off. I just got done doing my 4th rifle and installed Surefires on everything.

16” compliant barrels aren’t that common... most Tavors that are NJ compliant have 18” barrels.

I could, as I’m planning on doing it on a few rifles, but figured someone here could benefit from it.

Hmmm, pretty sure mine was 16.... but ok.
As for benefiting, if they already have one, they are in the same boat you are. Unless they have a 9 or 300 and want to down grade.

How about just a cut and re-thread? Just seeing if you can save money. :)

2 hours ago, bhunted said:

Hmmm, pretty sure mine was 16.... but ok.
As for benefiting, if they already have one, they are in the same boat you are. Unless they have a 9 or 300 and want to down grade.

How about just a cut and re-thread? Just seeing if you can save money. :)

Compliant rifles are only offered in 18”... not saying FFLs don’t buy standard 16” guns and pin (Steve does it, and how I got mine). Was kind of trying to allow people stuck here to have an option for going shorter and still be “NJ legal.” Figure it is a better offer for the community than an epic destruction of 15 round Glock magazines. :D

Either way... still want to gouge my eyes out on the mobile site.

• Agree 1