See? We need stricter gun laws because in "tranquil" areas, crime is "highly unusual."

--FCOD

-------------------------

ELIZABETH, N.J. (AP) ?

Sen. Raymond Lesniak says he was robbed early Saturday by two young men who broke into his Elizabeth home while he was sleeping.

Lesniak tells The Star-Ledger of Newark that he was woken up by noise and saw two men standing just feet from his bed.

The Union County Democrat tells the newspaper that the men seemed surprised to find anyone at home, and one suggested they shoot him, though Lesniak did not see a gun.

The 62-year-old Lesniak says the men took cash, a cellular phone and the keys to his Lexus hybrid, which they left untouched in his garage.

Police are calling the home invasion "highly unusual" for the normally tranquil are near Kean University. They say the men, who are still at large, broke in through a basement window.

http://cbs3.com/local/NJ.Senator.Lesniak.2.988625.html

also

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/0 ... obbed.html

can anyone else see this conversation going down?

Robber 1: "I say we shoot him!"

Senator: "I'm a senator, if you shoot me then I will have to vote for laws taht put guns in citizens hands, if you leave me unharmed I can vote for laws that take them away even more by saying 'see I got broken into and everything turned out fine without a gun' so if you don't shoot me your job of being a burglar will be safer and easier."

of course only people that find it acceptable to have your personal space violated and things stolen thinks that not having a gun to defend it is okay.

Elizabeth is not a safe area. I lived there for 8 years when moving here from Russia. What was once a great vibrant town, is now home to some of the worst violence in schools, Elizabeth High School.

Now if that senator had a gun under his pillow. lol.

Just glad he is safe though. Hopefully this reinforces the idea for home defense.

Then again... having a Lexus hybrid... in Elizabeth... he was asking for it.