gunforhire

SORA Security Officer Training at GFH

When I first heard about SORA, I automatically assumed that this meant that security guard salaries were going to increase. However, when I review the help wanted ads for security personnel, I still see rates of $9-11 per hour most of the time (others up to $14, but those are few and far between).

Maybe you have some insight on this, but I just don't see the incentive for someone to pay almost $200 to go through the SORA process for a job that pays a walmart wage.

Not to brag, but I make more than that at my job (warehouse labor).

I thought it would also increase the salary levels. It seems that as long as security companies advertise those rates and 500 people apply they have no reason to raise the $$$.

Anthony

About 12 years ago I applied for a job as a armed security for Coin in Elizabeth, because I wanted to get the permit to carry. The pay was $9 to drive a truck and you need a least 6 months on the job before you can apply for your permit, it is only good while you work. You

This recently came up in discussion at work, and I'm wondering if you can clear up some confusion. The state police charge $75 for the application, then you have to pay some firm called sagem morpho $70, and THEN pay another $130 (give or take) for the actual class. Is this accurate? Because if it is, it's absolutely insane! That's $275, and that's a lot of money, especially in this economy!

This recently came up in discussion at work, and I'm wondering if you can clear up some confusion. The state police charge $75 for the application, then you have to pay some firm called sagem morpho $70, and THEN pay another $130 (give or take) for the actual class. Is this accurate? Because if it is, it's absolutely insane! That's $275, and that's a lot of money, especially in this economy!

When I worked as a security guard, they took it out of my pay. I quit before I finished the process, so my last "paycheck" was for negative dollars :lol: