Wojo

New Mossberg Plinkster 22LR and Nikon Scope in Real Tree

I impulsively bought a Mossberg Plinkster in real tree last week when I was buying my son's 20g Xmas present at Dick's. Damn that store. Anyway, I wanted a good scope for it and after much research settled on the Nikon Real Tree ProStaff fixed 4X designed for the 22LR and it came with Real Tree Rings...I bought a set of black rings not knowing this. I know there are mixed feelings about this rifle, buy this is what sold me over the Marlin. The iron sights were much better, the fit for me, the trigger, the barrel and finish.

I was very impressed with how the factory camo looked with the Nikon on top of it. Being the person that I am, I decided it wasn't stealth enough and needed to improve it. I bought some new era camo from this guy who worked at Picatinny Arsenal I met at a bar. He called it Secret Sauce... Pretty nice stuff I'd say!!! :blink:

Plinkster Full View

Plinksterfullview.jpg

Plinkster Close Up

Plinkster3x.jpg

Post Secret Sauce Camo

Plinksterpostcamojob.jpg

Wow, Wojo.

That secret sauce camo really works. I can barely see the gun in that bottom image. You did a great job applying it to the barrel and receiver, as well as completely obliterating the original, less than perfect, factory applied RealTree pattern that came on the gun.

My only question is because of the very efficient new pattern, how will you ever be able to find the gun once you put it down? I recommend you install a buzzer in the stock, activated by a "Clapper" so that when you clap you hands in proximity to the gun, the buzzer sounds, and you can reach down and pick up the rifle.

Wow, Wojo.

That secret sauce camo really works. I can barely see the gun in that bottom image. You did a great job applying it to the barrel and receiver, as well as completely obliterating the original, less than perfect, factory applied RealTree pattern that came on the gun.

My only question is because of the very efficient new pattern, how will you ever be able to find the gun once you put it down? I recommend you install a buzzer in the stock, activated by a "Clapper" so that when you clap you hands in proximity to the gun, the buzzer sounds, and you can reach down and pick up the rifle.

It also somehow made the shadow disappear. that's some damn impressive camo

Considering the level of engineering expertise at Picatinny, I'm thinking that this "secret sauce" is an amalgam of billions of submicroscopic retroreflective spherical lenses that actually bend the light around the object, rendering it functionally transparent.

Since the object is rendered transparent to the entire light spectrum, it makes perfect sense that it would no longer cast a visible shadow.