Sign in to follow this  
axeman_g

Sarco

I was there years ago....they are in Sterling, NJ if I remember correctly.

Very strange store, dirty, dark, cold, smelly, overpacked and dingy. They have alot of creepy nazi memorabelia all over the place. But supposedly they have lots of hard to find parts.

I was there years ago....they are in Sterling, NJ if I remember correctly.

Very strange store, dirty, dark, cold, smelly, overpacked and dingy. They have alot of creepy nazi memorabelia all over the place. But supposedly they have lots of hard to find parts.

I was in there last month. Your description is pretty accurate. I didn't see the creepy nazi stuff though.

lol...maybe they took it down. It was probably back in 2000 or so when I was there, they had mannequins in hitler uniforms complete with the mustache. If they found out they had a jew in their store they probably would have taken me to the dungeon!!! :lol:

I had been in there a few times over the years. At one time they had AR's on display with a sign that read not for sale in NJ. Talk about a tease. They used to have racks of Mosins lining up the center of the store.

I bought a few things from them with out any problems, but it is a hike for me to get there now.

Be warned, the prices they advertise in Shotgun News are NOT the prices they will charge you..,.or maybe they sometimes might be. I went there to buy a PTR-91 that was advertised for $799 a few years ago. The ad said "Retail price $999....Dealer price $899...SARCO PRICE $799..."...So I go to their dingy craphole of a store, and pick one up off the rack...the price tag says $999....I ask about the ad, and the guy says....."I dont know..thats the price"....When asked about the ad and what do they mean by listing those prices...the bufoon behind the counter still cant give me an answer, except to repeat his first response. Then I inquire about some 1919a4 barrels they have listed for $40 each, and Im told that the guy that handles that stuff isnt there now, but will be back soon...so I wait..and wait..and wait looking around the assorted overpriced crap and nazi stuff...then finally I ask if I can speak to someone else...does anyone else in the whole place know about these barrels and where they are so I can buy a few...again....no reply that is anywhere near helpful.......

Ive also heard that its best to go in person as they often will ship you a rusty misadvertised piece of crap instead of the part you ordered.....But then again, maybe the guy who knows where that stuff is isnt there that day either.....Lots of people claim SARCO stands for Sell Anything Rusty Co.

i concur - best going there in person - phone unreliable , called + told had an item in stock , get there a 1/2 hour later + was told that item was sold out six months ago - depends on who is on the counter at times - it is a strange place - was told that it was a speakeasy back during prohibition - you never know what type of deals you will find - very poor customer service at times -