Sign in to follow this  
AntZ

Changing the sights

I want to change the stock sights to night sights. Have you done it by yourself for a Glock or a 1911? Yes and Yes How would you sight a fix sight. Shoot it. I am thinking mark where is the existing sight and put the new one in the same place. Good start.
It is easy with a sight pusher.

Go with a sight pushed. Tapping them in with a punch can damage the night sight itself. If you are only going to do one handgun, it is cheaper to have a gunsmith do it. The pushers are in the area of $100 and the smiths charge less especially if you buy the sights from them.

Be aware that the MGW type pushers are setup for specific handguns. So you can't get one and use it on a different make and model for the most part.

I want to change the stock sights to night sights. Have you done it by yourself for a Glock or a 1911? How would you sight a fix sight. I am thinking mark where is the existing sight and put the new one in the same place.

I changed my Glock sights myself. Did buy a sight tool though.The front has a hole & it is screwed in with a small nut. The rear I tried the best of my ability to center it.

I bought the tool because I eventually plan on getting additional Glocks. Besides tools are always good to have.

Cant say if it is perfectly zero'ed without a Ransom Rest, but it does shoot where I want it to.

Where in Jersey are you? Did you buy night sights yet?

I changed my Glock sights myself. Did buy a sight tool though.The front has a hole & it is screwed in with a small nut. The rear I tried the best of my ability to center it.

I bought the tool because I eventually plan on getting additional Glocks. Besides tools are always good to have.

Cant say if it is perfectly zero'ed without a Ransom Rest, but it does shoot where I want it to.

Where in Jersey are you? Did you buy night sights yet?

I have not buy the sights yet. I am in central. I always buy tools when I have thing need to be fixed and I can do it. Even the initial cost is little high but I end up with the tool and the skill.

Some stores may install night sights for free if you buy the sights & your ammo there. Never hurts to ask...

Also some of the brand-specific gun forums have sight pushers that are passed around among forum members. It's a karma-kind-of-a-thing. Try posting that you need to borrow one & see what happens.

--Daniel