Sign in to follow this  
Lublin

Anyone rockin' a scooter?

I have a crazy urge to pick up a 150cc scooter for commuting to work, the gym and around town in nicer weather. They're really cheap and really efficient. I don't see the need in firing up my SUV if all I need is a scooter at that time.

7c615bb46cda0ed4f386c35319d59226.jpg

my gf wanted one when she lived in lyndhurst.

But around here.... that thing is good for going around town, which here... if a pretty big distance. If you can get that thing up to 45, that is 20mph shy of average speed on the roads. =P

Why not pick up a ninja 250?

my gf wanted one when she lived in lyndhurst.

But around here.... that thing is good for going around town, which here... if a pretty big distance. If you can get that thing up to 45, that is 20mph shy of average speed on the roads. =P

Why not pick up a ninja 250?

After owning a GSX-R 1000 I would never be seen on a Ninja 250. A Ninja 250 will always be a weak sportbike whereas a scooter will always be a scooter. It's snobbery at its finest, really. :lol:

The 150cc scooters will do 65mph.

yeah, missed that , 150cc, I know the little ones are like 50cc, and are weak.

My biggest fear that, and I do have my Motorcycle endorsement and took the rider class, is getting my ass run over.

Speaking of bikes, not the thread jack this... on route 9 going south yesterday in freehold, 3 guys were fuggin around. one guy held up the traffic while the other 2 where doing wheelies. one of them almost lost it as he was setting it down, bike driffted into the next lane.... good thing the driver there slowed down for him.

My biggest fear that, and I do have my Motorcycle endorsement and took the rider class, is getting my a** run over.

You'll get hit on a scooter just as hard as you'll get hit on a sportbike.

Sportbikes are generally louder, though. That alerts drivers to your presence better than a scooter. Also, since they're faster and stronger, they're able to get out of potentially bad scenarios faster.

600cc sportbike = $9k

150cc scooter = $1k

Sportbikes are generally louder, though. That alerts drivers to your presence better than a scooter

Even the Harley guys don't buy into that any longer. When drivers fail to hear a 300 watt siren, what makes you think they will hear a sportbike? Varying tones and volume attract attention, not shear decibels.

My wife had a Honda Helix a while back. Acceleration isn't the best. One local roads with speed limits of 40 and under I think they are fine. Beyond that I wouldn't be comfortable. I drove the Helix on the GSP once. It will cruise at 65 mph all day but I wasn't crazy about the feeling.

Don't forget the cost of insurance which will add a few hundred for a few months of riding unless you want me to send you an application to the AMA Polar Bear Club!!! You can find used ones but the cost went up with the gas prices.